5 Essential Rules in Social Media Marketing

If your big dreams come with a tight budget, there’s no need to fear! Technology will be your bridge to achieving those dreams. You won’t need to exhaust yourself and your resources to find an audience. With a stable internet connection and a computer, you’re all set to market!

5 Essential Rules in Social Media Marketing

image credit: kimberley.co.za

Social Media hosts millions of people. Taking advantage of this technology will allow you to reach your target audience, no matter where they are in the world. Plus, it won’t cost you much. Here is what you need to know to effectively market in social media:

  1. 80-20 Rule

The strategy behind the 80-20 rule involves increasing your author brand and promoting your book. The 80-20 rule entails you to publish 80% of posts that are relevant to increasing your brand, leaving only 20% to promote your book. That 80% is responsible for raking in those followers. So, your content should be something your target audience is inclined to. It must be interesting and informative. Moreover, that 80% will get you a loyal audience.

  1. Create visual content

83% of human learning is visual. Take advantage of your audience’s inclination to visual content. Don’t shy away from multimedia. Help them remember with those adorable infographics. In addition, if you ever feel like writing a lengthy post, include images that’ll encapsulate your story. Or, you can just place a really pretty image that doesn’t have any relation at all to your text. It still works! It’s attention-grabbing and it’s easy to remember. Moreover, don’t forget to show off your book – create video trailers and post your book covers.

  1. Be consistent

Along with the 80-20 rule, another point you should remember when it comes to posting is frequency. How often should you post on social media? Publish every day, if you can. Once your audience is mesmerized, they’ll be begging for more. They’ll be lurking on your page, checking for updates. If you don’t update regularly, then, by the time you do publish something new, you won’t have the followers to market to.

  1. Equip yourself with social media tools

Just when you thought it couldn’t get better, well, it does. Several social media tools allow you to optimize your marketing strategies. Here is a list of those tools:

  • Google Analytics – informs you about the stats of your entire social media endeavor. You’ll know how much traffic you are generating. Hence, you’ll be able to ponder on the effectiveness of your marketing strategy.
  • Buffer – helps you manage your social media accounts. This allows you to schedule your posts for various social media.
  • Socialbro – a tool designed to optimize your marketing endeavors on Twitter. This tool informs you of strategic times to publish posts. Also, it provides you with an overview of the market – rivals, followers, prospective followers, etc.
  • Curalate – is what’ll get you to improve your stats on Pinterest and Instagram. Curalate will help you “measure, monitor and grow your brand presence.”
  • LikeAlyzer – analyzes your marketing progress on Facebook, and will provide you with tips to improve your marketing strategies.
  1. Engage your audience

Remember that you are trying to get people to notice your book. You can’t effectively do that by avoiding your audience. After all, the medium you chose to market is called ‘social’ media. So, socialize! You can reply to their comments, answer their questions, or thank them for their reviews. Do what you can to establish a relationship with your audience.

These rules are the core of social media marketing. Once you’ve created your marketing strategy, follow these rules diligently. Add a pinch of hard work and patience, and then you’re all set for success. In due time, you’ll be living your dream.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s